Wednesday 1 September 2010

Wheeeee I'm back!

While it was lovely to have time off I am very pleased to be back :) I had to fight hard at some stages throughout August as I wanted to blog/tweet but I resisted apart from annoucing that I was featured on UK Handmade! So what have I been doing? Some sewing (none for Swirlyarts - all for us and presents), lots of bits of mending and fixing, lots of playing, babysitting, reading and relaxing. Some scary ride riding at Disneyland Paris, digging through bargians in rural France, charity shop shopping and spending time with Matt without the girls (bliss!). Buying 7 vintage dresses for £20 in London (!), nearly fainting at the prices of fabric/notions in Liberty, fabric buying (but not at Liberty!) meeting a fellow tweeter (with cute daughter) in London, enjoying time spent by myself and generally having a great time without having to rush back to pack orders etc. Evidently I didn't have take photographs on my list as I have none to share with you today!

So to ensure you have something pretty to look at here is a sneaky peek of the main thing I have been working on in August.

Full pictures tomorrow once it has been given away to the recipient!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

My guess is it's a quilt?

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Great to see you back. Sounds like your little break was bliss. Glad you had a good time.

Elaine

june at noon said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time off. Glad to see you back!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Welcome back Lynsey! 'See' you next week - hope you had a fab time :)

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back!
Good luck tomorrow, as you know I have Lily starting school too - yes - what WILL we do with that time :)

Just wanted to say thanks for your lovely comment in the Maker's Online blog, made me smile as I re read it and thought what a pompous...

see you soon, Rach