Tuesday 17 April 2007

My first bag!

I am so pleased with myself - I have finally made Anya the book bag I have been promising her since Christmas! It's the first bag I have ever made and it was a fairly simple shape but I am still pleased with it - only took a couple of hours too. Here it is in all it's glory on the bench in front of the house.

The next one I make - there's going to be more - I will add something on the inside (interfacing?) to make it a bit sturdier. It's strong enough to hold a couple of books but ideally it should be stronger. The handle is very strong as it's doubled over corduroy with thicker material inside. It was a bit of a nightmare to sew on but you live and learn!

Here's a close up of the pin I made to brighten it up. I really like this and I think I'll have to make myself one tonight. It comes off so if Anya ever fancies a change then it can be done quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do love this bag, can't believe it is your first one! Well done you :)

Swirlyarts said...

Thanks - I am very impressed with myself too! Here's hoping there's more to come....